Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Book Nook: The Camp & Cabin Cookbook - 100 Recipes to Prepare Wherever You Go

My family loves camping, so I was happy to get to review The Camp & Cabin Cookbook: 100 Recipes to Prepare Wherever You Go.

Honestly, this really can be a "wherever" cookbook. The cuisine options were far more sophisticated than I would expect from a camping cookbook! It's almost worth a review of the book in two contexts.

First off, as a campfire cookbook. In this area, I think it's definitely unique. The trickiest part is that it requires a little more preparation than typical camp cuisine of hot dogs and marshmallows. The awesome part is that you don't have to sacrifice food quality on a camping trip. The directions are clear, right down to where to place in the fire for the best cooking.

Secondly, as a general cookbook. I would actually tend to use this more as an outdoor party cookbook - just because I don't like to prep ingredients for camping, I like to just grab and go. But if we're hosting an outdoor party, I don't like to be stuck in the kitchen either. With this cookbook, we can utilize our grill and fire ring, and I can join the party outside while cooking.

If you're an adventurous camp chef, then this is a great option for you. If you like to keep it simple while camping but entertain outdoors a lot, it's excellent for that too. And if you just want to use your home kitchen? You can do that too, and still get really tasty meals.

Laura Bashar is a recipe developer and blogger at familyspice.com. Her photography and recipes have been featured by Country Living, The Kitchn, NBC Today Food, and many others. She lives with her family in San Diego, CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment