Thursday, September 19, 2019

Parenting Pointers: Ali in the Valley

I'd like to introduce you to Alison Ball, Ali in The Valley! She's sort of an urban Martha Stewart, sharing tips on entertaining, food, home decor, and more. I had a chance to interview her recently to learn more.

What is the new series like?
My new cooking series is a longer version of my YouTube show Ali in the Valley. I show you how to prepare simple and tasty recipes but the show will morph into more of a lifestyle show as we go. Taking the viewer on my adventures of shopping for great ingredients and going to great places to eat. 

I also have another show called Ali’s House Jam which combines my love of music and food. As it happens every month artists show up at my home and I cook them their favorite meal and after the artist wines up performing for my friends and I.

What is the best advice about balancing work and fun that you've heard?
"If you do what you love, it never feels like work."

What's your favorite thing about fall?
My favorite thing about fall, is it’s cooler outside. I live in the country side of Los Angeles in Chatsworth and it’s extremely dry and hot during the summer so by the time fall comes around I’m so ready for the cooler weather. It gives me more time working on my garden and hiking in the hills basically more time outside since it’s not burning hot.

Fun facts about Ali:
  • I grew up in Los Angeles and now live in Chatsworth, California – better know as the San Fernando Valley outside of L.A.
  • I married my soul mate, Tyson Kilmer and we are blessed with two amazing kids (Tyler and Aliyah) all of which test my patience daily.
  • I graduated from UC Berkeley with a B.A. in Psychology and a minor in Business – both come in handy.
  • I’ve worked in the entertainment business for over 25 years. Currently, President of TuneGo, VP @ Warner Brothers, Senior Director @ RCA, Director & Manager @ EMI and Secretary @ Sony. All my jobs started from the bottom before I moved to the top. I have held positions @ A&R as a music supervisor for films & TV, produced numerous TV shows and films and have managed a variety of talented artists. I still dabble a bit in all formats.
  • I am a graduate of Epicurean school – of which I attended for the “fun of it.”

Besides my family – Some of my true loves:
  • Music: I love discovering new and emerging artists and listening to music while I cook and create.
  • Food: Obviously — but all aspects of it…tasting it, cooking it, understanding it, styling it and most importantly enjoying it.
  • Restaurants: All kinds from the upscale to dives.
  • Wine and Cocktails: What type really depends on my mood.
  • Entertaining: All the time. My house is an open door and we have guest at our house all the time.
  • Exercise: Spinning, Yoga, Fast ballet, Bootcamp, Pilates. I do it all at least 4 to 5 times a week to keep my endorphins on point. I’m always looking for the next burn. I have to exercise to burn off all the good food and wine I try.
  • Social Sports: Bowling, Tennis, Roller skating, Ping-Pong .
  • Social Media: All of it. Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, Spotify + and the list goes on.
  • Apple: And I don’t mean the fruit! I love everything Apple including my Mac Book Pro, iPhone X, iPad, iPod (which I still have) and Apple TV. I’m hooked!
  • Experiencing: New things I discover everyday and I love to blog about them.
  • Traveling: I love traveling the world! The last few years I’ve traveled and eaten all kinds of different cuisine in Seoul Korea, Kuala Lumpur & Penang Malaysia, Singapore, Monaco, London, Paris and Nashville. I’m ready for my next big adventure!
  • Life! I love experiencing Life! Even the tough times are always teachable moments!

Follow:: 

No comments:

Post a Comment