Saturday, April 17, 2021

Consumer Critique: The Scottish Grocer



This month is Scottish-American Heritage Month, and there are a lot of great sites that offer Scottish resources.

The Tartan Film Festival presented by Saint Andrew's Society of LA might be over, but you can see a lineup of films featured on the site.

Check out The American Scottish Foundation for news, events and information.

The NY Genealogical and Biographical Society has a wide variety of events for members to explore your ancestry, whether it's Scottish or something else.

The Scottish Grocer has a great selection of Scottish foods and products. Some of them sound delightful - fudge and toffee, tea, coffee, and more. Others are a little more unique - such as haggis. I had a chance to review haggis & cracked black pepper potato chips. I was actually quite surprised. I've never had haggis, the idea of it scares me off a little bit, and I am not a huge fan of potato chips. And yet, I actually liked these. You can buy haggis itself on the site as well, and I just might be brae enough to try it. If you're looking for some unique, authentic Scottish foods, check thenm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment