Saturday, August 21, 2021

Music Minute: I've Lived Country Music

 

CMA, ACM and Grammy Nominee, Bobby Tomberlin, Announces Release of “I’ve Lived Country Music” to all digital music platforms and has also released a video in support of the song that shares his personal memories and his journey as he followed his dreams. The song was Recorded at Wishbone Studios in Muscle Shoals, Alabama, produced by Billy Lawson and written by Bobby Tomberlin, who has a long history of writing hit songs and a who’s who list of co-writers and those who have had success with his penned songs. Download and listen to ““I’ve Lived Country Music” by visiting http://smarturl.it/ivelivedcountrymusic 

“I wrote “I’ve Lived Country Music” the morning after I sang a duet with Loretta Lynn at one of her concerts. I started thinking about all of the cool things I have experienced in Country Music since I was eleven years old that included icons like Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash and Hank Williams Jr..” shared Bobby Tomberlin.” I recorded it in Muscle Shoals, Alabama in the same studio where Hank Jr. recorded “Family Tradition.” I really have  lived Country music.”

Watch the behind the music video for "I'v Lived Country Music" here.
“Down in Alabama in a two red light town
My world revolved around the radio 
In my little bedroom, the Opry came alive 
And in my mind I was on the front row 
 
I counted down the years 
till I could drive that old highway
To the city where all my dreams could come true 
There’s been a lot of hard times 
But they were all worth it 
As I look back at all the things I’ve got to do 
 
I sang with Loretta 
Wrote songs with Whisperin Bill 
I even got to play Hanks guitar 
Rode the roads with Little Jimmy 
Shook hands with Johnny Cash 
Funny how a dream can take you far 
I’ve poured my heart and soul into it 
I’ve Lived Country Music…”


Stay in touch with Bobby Tomberlin on his website and social media platforms FacebookTwitter and Instagram and watch videos on his official YouTube account.

Stream and download Bobby Tomberlin music on SpotifyApple MusicAmazon MusicPandoraYouTube Music  and more.

About Bobby Tomberlin:
CMA, ACM & Grammy nominee, Bobby Tomberlin, was raised in Luverne, Al, where he was a disc jockey at the young age of 11 and interviewed Country music icons including Johnny Cash, Keith Whitley and Tammy Wynette. Bobby was discovered by Mel Tillis and recently celebrated his 26th year as a staff songwriter for CURB Word Music. He co-wrote "One More Day", recorded by Diamond Rio as well as Darryl Worley’s Top 10 hit, "A Good Day To Run” and the new Willie Nelson/Barbra Streisand single, “I’d Want It To Be You”. He has also had songs recorded by Blake Shelton, Faith Hill, Josh Turner, Kenny Rogers, Joe Nichols, Dolly Parton, Rodney Atkins, Joe Diffie, Dylan Scott, Pam Tillis, Mo Pitney, Jamey Johnson, Jerry Lee Lewis, The Oak Ridge Boys, Thompson Square, actor Chris Pine, Bill Anderson, Chris Young, Ty Herndon, Terri Clark, John Schneider, Lee Greenwood, Jeannie Seely, Rhonda Vincent and many others. Bobby was one of the cast members of the CMT hit series, The Singing Bee, for four seasons and has appeared on numerous television shows including Country’s Family Reunion, Opry Backstage and Authentic America. Bobby has also been featured in several films including Wheeler, co starring with Stephen Dorff and Kris Kristofferson. Bobby has done voiceover work on projects by Trace Adkins, Micheal McDonald and Peter Frampton and was featured on Righteous Brother, Bill Medley’s DVD project, Damn Near Righteous, where he interviews Medley in the legendary Capitol Studios Hollywood. Bobby’s 2016 release, Out Of Road, featured guest vocals by Vince Gill, Bill Anderson and Bobby Bare. Like his song says, Bobby really has lived Country Music.

No comments:

Post a Comment