Saturday, November 13, 2021

Fun Fashion: Favorite Earring Styles - Hoop Earrings, Studs, and More!



 What are your favorite earring styles? My daughters and I all have pierced ears, and while we don't dress up a lot, we definitely have our favorites when it comes to earrings.

My older daughter's absolute favorite type of earrings are gold hoop earrings. We have several different styles, some with extra bangles and some without, in different sizes and thicknesses. She likes the easy way that add a bold statement when she wears bigger ones, and she likes the cute and subtle look of smaller hoops. She really likes a pair we have similar to the pictured one that has several hoops together.

I think you can't go wrong with studs. They often get overlooked when it comes to accessorizing, but they're a simple way to add just a small touch of style, and there are so many to choose from. My favorites are stars with a little stone in the center. I have no idea where I got them - I've had them for years - but they're very cute and when they catch the light just right, they sparkle. Stud earrings are appropriate for just about anyone because they can be found in any metal and they aren't too big and heavy.

My younger daughter is less interested in style and more interested in showing off her interests. She has earrings that fit her favorite characters and things she likes - superheroes, Pokémon, Star Wars - and since she loves villains, the earrings she loves most to wear are Slytherin earrings.

This time of year, it's also appropriate to think about holiday earrings. I have a lot of earrings that are very obviously for the holidays - Christmas lights, trees, and ornaments. I also have earrings that work all winter long, like snowmen and snowflakes. But my favorite are a pair of tiny dangling angel earrings - they fit with the season but I can wear them year-round too. There are so many angel earrings to choose from - and I have at least three pairs myself!


What about you? What kinds of earrings do you like best? I'm not a fan of the big chunky earrings, but I know that they look great on some people - there's a worker at our local Trader Joe's who pulls off amazing ones she makes and I'm always jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment