Monday, October 13, 2014

Healthy Habits: Burn to the Beat

The Daily Burn's Keaira LaShae's has a series Burn to the Beat, currently live on Lionsgate's BeFit Channel. It debuted this summer, and takes viewers through four ten-minute workout sessions incorporating key elements from dance, cardio and strength training. New episodes of Burn to the Beat premiere every Tuesday.

I had a chance to interview Keaira to learn more.

Why did you decide to launch your new show? 
- I decided to launch Burn to the Beat because I love motivating and inspiring people to stay fit but in a fun way. Too often people feel like working out is a chore, and I want people to know that getting in shape and staying in shape can be a blast!! You can sweat, burn calories and party at the same time. It's also something you can do with friends and the whole family! Not to mention you get to learn cool dance moves that you can take to any dance floor!! 

You recently had a baby - how did you stay fit during pregnancy?
- I did a lot of lower impact dancing and pre-natal yoga to stay fit during my pregnancy. I also did lots of walking and light weight lifting and toning. 

Now that your baby has been born, how will you juggle parenting and fitness?
- I feel like a superhero juggling a million things at once! I just prioritize a lot better now. While she's sleeping, I sleep!! But while she's awake, she watches me workout at home. I do tons of body weight, toning exercises that don't require a gym. It gives me a chance to still stay fit and bond with my little princess at the same time! I also include her in some of my workouts. It keeps her entertained.  It's fun for me as well as for her!! 

Do you have some post-natal workout tips to share?
- I would say do post-natal yoga and stick to lower impact exercises that will help you build your strength back. Include your little one so that there are NO excuses when it comes to staying fit and being a mommy. It also sets a great example for your baby. If they see you working out, most likely they will want to live a healthy lifestyle also as they get older!!! 

Check out the latest episode below!


No comments:

Post a Comment