Thursday, October 29, 2015

Book Nook: Things I've Said to My Children

Disclosure: I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

Every parent, at some point, finds himself or herself saying something absolutely absurd to children, whether they're crazy threats ("Stop fidgeting while you're eating or you'll lose your chair privileges"), reprimands for oddball behavior ("Eraser toppers don't go on tongues") or trying to refute kid logic ("You're supposed to be bored and not read. You need sleep!").

In Things I've Said to My Children, graphic designer Nathan Ripperger has collected and illustrated dozens of the crazy things he's said to his children. While he has many that I haven't uttered, they are similar enough to things I've said that it was a fun book. It also would be a fun gift for new parents, to give them a heads-up on just how crazy parenting can be.

NATHAN RIPPERGER is a videographer and graphic designer who lives with his wife and five boys in Iowa. Ripperger’s poster-style illustrations of “Things I’ve Said to My Children” have been featured on TODAY.com, HuffingtonPost, Bored Panda, and Buzzfeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment