Saturday, April 30, 2016

Book Nook: Douglas, You Need Glasses!

I recently had the chance to review Douglas, You Need Glasses! Author Ged Adamson uses his own experience with poor vision to help young kids see that there's nothing scary about getting glasses.

When I was growing up, I was one of the first I knew to get glasses - the only one in kindergarten with them. But they were so helpful. I literally was running into walls before I got them! A book like this would be very helpful for explaining to little kids in a non-threatening way that glasses are ok.

Parents are encouraged to share their own pictures of their children in their glasses using the hashtag #douglasyouneedglasses.
 
Author/illustrator Ged Adamson has struggled with his eyesight from a young age, and now brings the topic to the page via the lovable Douglas. Adamson is also the author/illustrator of Meet the McKaws and Elsie Clarke and the Vampire Hairdresser. He lives and works in London. Visit his website at gedadamson.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment