Monday, October 3, 2016

Music Minute: Il Volo - Notte Magica - A Tribute to the Three Tenors

The Three Tenors - Carreras, Domingo, and Pavarotti - are three talented men with rich voices, known beyond the classical music sphere. They first sang together in 1990, and now Il Volo pays them tribute in a new album that I got to review, Notte Magica – A Tribute to The Three Tenors (also available on iTunes), with Placido Domingo guest singing.

I love tenors. I love the ability of tenors to sing rich lower notes and still beautiful high notes. This album is no different. With non-classical songs like Maria and My Way, well-known opera pieces like O Solo Mio, and more, it's a great way for opera and non-opera fans to enjoy the music of strong tenor voices. I loved listening to these three tenors, and so did my mom, who, although she doesn't love opera, loved listening to The Three Tenors.




“I am very happy to be with Piero, Ignazio and Gianluca conducting them in this magical night under the stars in such a beautiful city: Florence! I really love these guys. They are performing such a great repertoire around the world – some of the music my colleagues and I performed in our own concerts,” says Plácido Domingo.
IL VOLO is carrying on what Luciano started, and that is bringing Opera to the masses. I think he would be so happy!” says Nicoletta Mantovani, widow of Luciano Pavarotti.

No comments:

Post a Comment