Saturday, January 7, 2017

Consumer Critique: Cosmic and Eternal Love - An Everlasting Love Story (Coloring Book & Music Album)

I recently had a chance to review a very unique adult coloring book, Cosmic and Eternal Love: An Everlasting Love Story. This book is made up of beautiful designs to color, accompanied by an album of soothing music to go along with the images.

Her own words make the best description:
I am a musician and a visual artist. Oftentimes, people think of music and visual arts to be distinct and unrelated art forms, at least from a technical standpoint. But for me, when I perform or write music, I see art. When I draw or paint, I hear music. I know there are other people like me who “hear color and see notes.”  nd I think there are even more people who appreciate those things that combine the two worlds.
When I first learned of the coloring book format, I realized it was not only a way for people to meditate and express their creativity, but it was also a way for people to tap into senses that they thought didn’t exist. What if a book could make you feel the emotion of a deep love story, see how a world is built and how characters navigate that world and hear the soundscapes they lived in? And what if you could put your own spin on this book? That’s what I am hoping to achieve with Cosmic and Eternal Love....I am excited to share this universal story that has existed in Indian mythology for many millennia, and I am even more excited that I had a chance to make it contemporary and fill it with pop music. Inside the book, you will find 15 original compositions that allow the book to be read like a musical play, -albeit a play with very modern pop music with hints of Bollywood tunes. I hope you have as much fun as I did!
I really enjoyed the designs, easy enough for people who aren't professional artists, intricate enough to keep anyone's interest. The music is calming, easy to listen to, Bollywood sounds but appropriate for Western ears. If you're looking for a coloring book for people who enjoy a musical experience, this is a great option.

No comments:

Post a Comment