Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Consumer Critique: ColorProof and Macadamia Hair

I had a chance to try out some products from ColorProof and Macadamia Hair.

The ClearItUp® Detox Shampoo from ColorProof has baking soda and vitamins C and E to gently cleanse hair and remove build-up. I was surprised that for being 100% vegan it did have some ingredients people sometimes try to avoid, but it left my hair feeling healthy and light. It can be used anytime, and is especially appropriate for before color treatments and after swimming.

My older daughter's hair is hard to comb, but the Professional Weightless Moisture Conditioning Mist really helped with that. It has.a Pro Oil Complex of Macadamia and Argan Oils, Collagen, Silk Amino Acids, and Quinoa (which I've never heard of in a hair product). These ingredients are designed to work together to strengthen and repair even the most delicate hair. It definitely provided some lightweight conditioning, and worked wonderfully as a detangler.

I'm not really much for styling products, so I really didn't know how to compare CraftingPomade™Texture + Hold + Shine to anything else. However, it was fun to work with - the Kaolin clay gave it kind of a fun texture! It also has Castor Seed Oil, Keravis™, soy proteins, panthenol, and mica particles, all of which combine to provide a smooth, dry finish with shine, increase hair strength, and make hair more manageable. I had fun seeing what hairstyles the girls and I could do with it, and it's definitely a product I could see myself using in the future, even though I wouldn't normally have bought it.

No comments:

Post a Comment