Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Consumer Critique: Beetology Juice

I recently had a chance to review a new line of beverages made from beet juice. In her article for WebMD about the benefits of beet juice, leading nutritionist Kathleen M. Zelman, MPH, RD, LD wrote, “Most lists of ‘super foods’ don't include beetroot juice, but maybe they should.” Beets contain antioxidants and other nutrients, with benefits such as anti-inflammatory properties and lower blood pressure.

Beetology, recently introduced by Kayco, is a line of sweet, organic, cold-pressed juice. Each beverage has no more than five ingredients, and is non-Gmo, Organic, and Certified Fair Trade. They contain no soy or dairy, and are certified kosher. 

There are five flavors: beet/lemon/ginger, beet/veggie, beet/tropical fruit, beet/berry, beet/cherry. I had a chance to try out all five flavors, and I was surprised. I have bad memories about eating beets growing up - I'd eat canned beets when we had to, but I didn't love them and couldn't figure out why my dad actually enjoyed them. I've heard good things about them but have never tried them as an adult. But these juices were satisfying for myself and my picky daughters - even the beet/veggie one was easy to drink!

You can find Beetology in the refrigerated section of health food, specialty grocery, and kosher food markets. Learn more on Facebook and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment