Saturday, July 22, 2017

Consumer Critique: Tandoor Chef

I recently had a chance to do another review of Tandoor Chef, the #1 frozen Indian cuisine! This is a nice opportunity for me, because I'm the only one in my family that really likes Indian food, so having smaller frozen Indian meals allows me to eat it without a ton of leftovers or prep for a large meal that only I enjoy.

Tandoor Chef has meals to fit nearly any diet - gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian - plus many options under 300 calories. They are more flavorful than many frozen meals, and single-serve meals also allow you to be ore adventurous and try something new without a lot of risk if you don't like it.

This time around I tried the Masala Dosa and the Kofta Curry. Both were rich in flavor, a little spicy but not too bad. The crepes for the Masala Dosa were made of rice and held up better to being frozen and heated than other crepes or tortillas I've had in frozen meals. The vegetarian Kofta Curry had vegetable dumplings that were hearty and filling.

The site has some helpful information as well - Indian recipes, meal hacks to make it seem homemade for guests, and drink pairing, as well as a glossary for those unfamiliar with Indian cooking terms.

You can buy Tandoor Chef online, or at a variety of stores including Whole Foods, Lunds and Byerley's, Cub, Kroger, and many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment