Saturday, June 1, 2019

Consumer Critique: Stuffed Puffs™

I love S'mores. I love making them in unique ways, and I like the standard. The summer I spent in Germany in college I introduced my German friends to the joys of toasted marshmallows and S'mores. So I was eager to try a new kind of marshmallow that works great for S'mores: Stuffed Puffs™.

These marshmallows are filled with chocolate and recently debuted at Walmart. They're designed to improve on the S'mores making experience - eliminating one ingredient to be packed, make sure that the chocolate is melted and gooey, and keep the S'mores from falling apart as much. 

“The idea was born around a campfire” said Michael Tierney, who graduated from the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY in 2010. “It’s a simple idea, but very hard to execute, which is why it hasn’t been done before. I spent seven years figuring out a truly innovative system that breaks the rules of traditional candy making. I’m so excited it’s finally here.”  

I loved the idea. I also love that Tierney says they have new ideas as well, and I'm very intrigued for what else they might have in store!


Stuffed Puffs are available at WalMart® stores across the country for a suggested retail price of $3.98.

No comments:

Post a Comment