Saturday, June 6, 2020

Book Nook: The Andromeda Evolution

Years ago, Michael Crichton wrote The Andromeda Strain. Now, there's a new follow-up book written by Daniel H Wilson and authorized by Crichton's estate - The Andromeda Evolution.

I had a chance to review this book. There were things I loved about it, and things I didn't. Overall, the plot was very fast-paced and intriguing - I read the book in a single evening. The style of the book is the context of a report debriefing the incident, with footnotes and acknowledgements as if they were real. There were also several real-life elements used, to give the whole story an air of realism.

This book does have a very diverse array of characters; unfortunately there are a some stereotypes that the characters fall into. The book did also leave me with a few unanswered questions - and left it open to a future continuation.

Overall, I thought it was a good read if you enjoy fast-paced action thrillers.

No comments:

Post a Comment