Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Website Spotlight: Lovely Leaps

At Lovely Leaps Dance Studio in Southern California, they’re keeping the rhythm alive through FREE virtual classes and the dream that one day these classes might connect kids across the country and all over the world!

What makes Lovely Leaps stand out?
  • FREE virtual classes on Thursdays
  • $15 classes/$100 for unlimited virtual classes
  • A monthly performance for a princess so kids can stay engaged and build their performance skills with a magical experience
  • A focus on making dance fun and developing key motor skills
  • A whole child approach to help grow their confidence and comfort in their own bodies
  • Appropriate for ages 10 months to 10 years

Lovely Leaps reopened for summer camp, but with the new orders to shut down again, Lovely Leaps is still pushing forward. Classes will be available via Zoom, giving families the opportunity to dance in whatever way fits best. 

I had a chance to interview owner Lisa McCabe to learn more.

Why are dance classes such a good thing for kids right now?

Dance classes are great for kids any time and all the time because it helps them get their bodies moving and it creates confidence! I think it's even more important now, at a time when schools, businesses, parks and theme parks are closed. Dancing adds a fun break in the day and allows children to activate the other side of their brain. It also gives them something to look forward to, a way to connect with some friends, even if it's virtually right now.


 

How have you managed the increased growth in clientele as your business has grown?

We are blessed to be thriving in such an uncertain time. Our virtual classes have grown from 68 to more than 1,500 kids, so as much as I love teaching classes, I can't do it all! I was able to hire my dance teachers back that I had to let go when the pandemic hit. I have been so thankful for them!


 

Why are your themed classes so popular?

When you have Aurora, Elsa or Anna interacting with kids, their world is a magical place! Lovely Leaps' themed classes have been a huge hit. I have partnered with such talented performers who have perfected their craft just as much as I have perfected mine. The children think they are talking to a real princess or the actual superhero and they LOVE it! I often get reviews saying Lovely Leaps and interacting with the princess was the big topic of discussion at the dinner table!


How can parents incorporate dance and movement expression into their routines and why is it so beneficial? 

Incorporating dance and movement is simple. I always ask my 3-year-old daughter Gianna if she wants to dance. She says yes, we stop what we are doing, I turn on music and we jump around and move to the music! Or I randomly say, "Gianna! Show me first position!" And she does it. It’s like a game. I also love the fact that my husband joins us in our toddler class so we make it a family affair. If you ever need a little more guidance or help,  feel free to join us every Thursday for a free virtual dance class for the entire family! 


Movement is so important because it teaches kids how movement and exercise is fun! It gives them a base to move around and exercise when they are older. Especially now that everything is at home, it’s more important than ever to invest in some sort of way to move around and have fun with your kids. 


For more information visit www.lovelyleaps.com

No comments:

Post a Comment