Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Accessories to Fit Every Style - Gold Collar Necklace, and More

 Everyone has their own sense of fashion and accessorizing - and I'm certainly no different. Although I spend most of my days in sweats and a hoodie, I do enjoy dressing up for the right occasion. I have found, over the years, that I'd rather have a few accessories that fit with a lot of different styles than find a lot of different things that take up space. The same accessories can look fresh and new when paired with different outfits, so it's worth spending more to get a few quality pieces.

One accessory that can really stand out is a tasteful gold collar necklace. Unlike pendants, there's no

charm to slide around, and the design ensures it stays put. It's solid enough to be visible and hold its own against sweaters and thicker blouses, yet it's also fine enough to work well on its own or to be layered with other jewelry without being overdone.

I have pierced ears, and I typically leave studs in my upper holes, but I really like medium-sized hoops for special occasions. Again, for me, it's about balance - large enough to be easily visible, small enough that they don't tug on my ears. Right now, with wearing masks, hoops are nice because they're less likely to get caught on the mask itself. 

I have some friends that really accessorize with purses - and that's great for them, but I like to keep things simple. I chose a medium-sized gray purse. It works with just about any color outfit I have, it can hold my essentials plus a few extras, it's not super chunky, and I can either use it as a strap or handbag.

Finally, shoes. I am a huge fan of nice-looking slip-on shoes that are comfortable enough to wear all day, yet nice enough to work for occasions where you need to dress up a little bit. As a teacher, I need to both look professional and stand a lot, so once I find a shoe that works well, I buy it in navy blue, black, and light brown to make sure it matches with any outfit.

What is your favorite accessory?

No comments:

Post a Comment