Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Consumer Critique: Cask and Kettle Ready-to-Brew Cocktails

I recently had the chance to try out some Cask and Kettle ready-to-brew hot cocktails. I had never heard of this kind of thing before, and apparently it's the only product of its type on the market. 

My husband, mom, and mother-in-law all like coffee, as well as some types of cocktails, so I was happy to try them out. They come in coffee pods, but you don't need a special brewer - you can just add hot water as well. Honestly, I prefer that way, because my husband likes his cocktails and his coffee flavor stronger than I do, so this way we could each make it the way we wanted.

There are five flavors: Irish coffee, mint patty, Mexican coffee, hot blonde coffee, and spiked dry cider. My favorites were the cider and Irish coffee, and even though I don't like straight coffee (I prefer coffee blended beverages), I didn't find the coffee taste to be too overpowering - yet my husband, who drinks his coffee black, also liked the taste.

The company is woman-owned and operated and certified by the Women's Business Enterprise. I liked that the pods were made of recyclable material, since I"m concerned about the waste impacts of single-use items (this still isn't perfect but it's better than if you couldn't recycle). You can find Cask and Kettle in stores nationwide, and you can also mix up the taste with more cocktail recipes,



No comments:

Post a Comment