Monday, May 16, 2022

Jarsty - Email Interview

Cooking meals every night can be time-consuming and messy. But what if you could use one dish to cook, store and transport your meal? Meet JARSTY.

JARSTY is easy to use:

* Prep your ingredients and put them in JARSTY
* Place the lid on top and open the valve
* Put JARSTY in the microwave for 5-6 minutes
* Remove JARSTY and close the valve. Let the meal sit for at least 15-20 minutes at room temperature to finish cooking.

During step 4, a natural process is unfolding inside JARSTY. It decreases microbial growth and enzymatic oxidation, allowing meals made in JARSTY to be stored (in JARSTY) in the refrigerator for up to 15 days.

I had a chance to learn more in this interview with the creator of JARSTY.

How was JARSTY developed?
During the lockdowns, my coworkers and I ate in our office every day because restaurants were closed. We brought in prepackaged meals or prepped meals from home to heat in the microwave. The majority of the time, my coworkers and I were disappointed and dissatisfied because the ingredients and quality weren't up to par. We also were tired of cooking a new meal every evening for the following day of work.
That’s when I realized there had to be a solution. I put pen to paper and came up with JARSTY, an all-in-one solution that allows you to prep, cook, store, transport and consume your meal all with one tool. Once all of my coworkers returned to work, I created a team of technicians and asked them to develop the project. We are a more than 25 years old company focused on developing household tools in Italy. Over these years, we have produced hundreds of thousands of food-grade items. JARSTY is my favorite one because JARSTY is unique!

Where did you come up with the name?
The first samples reminded me of my grandmother who, when I was a child, used to prepare preserves and jams with a technique now in disuse... in Italy, we call it “water bath.” Grandma Lina used to call the containers “vaso,” which is Jar in English. So for the first months of product development, we called this the “JAR project.”
After a while, one of the technicians came back to me with a report and on the cover, written by hand, I found “TASTY JAR”... by inverting the words we had the name JARSTY!

Why is it so important for consumers to have a product that makes it more convenient to bring food from home?
People around the world have spent more time at home these years due to COVID-19. During this time, we’ve started cooking at home more. Whether you’re preparing after-work dinners for yourself or meal prepping a week’s worth of lunches and dinners for your family, coming up with new recipes can be difficult and time-consuming. On average, Americans spend around 37 minutes prepping, serving and cleaning up one meal, not including the amount of time it takes to actually cook or eat your food. With this being a challenge for many of us, we’ve turned to microwaveable meals or apps to add variety to our meals. Although these alternatives are convenient, they’re usually unhealthy, unsatisfying and expensive.
JARSTY is a completely new meal prepping system that’s easy to use, saves time and stores meals for up to 15 days! People can customize a meal to their liking and throw it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes and enjoy it whenever, wherever they want.

What are some of your favorite meals to make with JARSTY?
I’m Italian and I like pasta so much… probably my favorite recipe made with Jarsty is macaroni cacio and pepper. But since I have to watch the scale, I’m finding great pleasure in preparing fish recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment