Monday, July 24, 2023

Consumer Critique - Wacom Pen Tablet

 I recently had a chance to check out a pen tablet from Wacom. I had previously used one that was work supplied, and really enjoyed it. As an online math teacher, nothing beats writing out work like the natural movement of a pen - far superior to using a mouse or trackpad to try to draw mathematical symbols and get everything to look neat on an online whiteboard.

I was already a fan of the company and products, but then when I left that job I had to send mine back. Fortunately, I was just able to replace it with the Wacom One Creative Pen Display. It is awesome. My older daughter's one complaint with the idea of pen tablets as an artist is that she had to get used to looking at the screen but drawing down below. For my work as a teacher, it didn't bother me, but she does a lot more with visual art.

This pen display means she can draw naturally. My husband even said that it would be awesome for his work with photo editing as well. I like how easy it is to set up and use - and I also like how the company offers an education discount.

This tool can be great for students taking notes. It's easier to save the notes, it feels natural to write them this way, and there's some research that hand writing notes helps things stick even more than typing or reading them. This tool has so many great uses for creative and education purposes, and I'm really happy to have one! This is well worth the cost, especially if you have a budding digital artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment