Thursday, October 17, 2024

Travel Tidbits - Best Countries for Solo Travel

 All across the world, people frequently decide to leave their plus ones and embark on a solo adventure. But according to Reddit, not all solo adventure sites are created equal. 

Solitaired analyzed 6,000 comments on Reddit’s top 20 travel subreddits to find out what seasoned travelers believe are the absolute best places to travel solo.  

Key Findings: 

  • Argentina, Russia, and Taiwan are the best countries for solo travel.

  • Athens, Boston, and Savannah are the best cities for solo travel. 

  • Washington, Oregon, and Colorado are the best U.S. states for solo travel. 

And some comments from redditors themselves:

  • “My first venture was Santorini and Athens (in late October, so outside of peak season). I felt safe and lots of people wanted a chat as they realised I was eating alone and were super friendly. I was 31 when I went. I did a lot of walking around and eating good food. Highly recommend!” by bluesummerrain 

  • “Argentina would be a fun option. Check out some combination Buenos Aires, Patagonia (Calafate; El Chalten and Mt. Fitz Roy; Ushuaia), Iguazu falls, Mendoza, and Puerto Madryn.” by spillionaire

  • “I found Taiwan especially friendly and fun, great surf/camp culture” by sniffingmodpodge


Take a look at the full study

No comments:

Post a Comment