Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Consumer Critique: Febreze Breathe Happy

I recently received a Breathe Happy kit from Febreze with a note to try an experiment: blindfold someone and lead them into a stinky room that's been sprayed with Febreze. You may have seen some of the commercials, a few of which are a little bit odd to me, given what people said it smelled like. However, I conducted my own experiment a few times.

The stinkiest thing in our house is the diaper pail, followed by the kitchen garbage pail. Luckily when either one is closed we don't smell it. I decided to try opening the diaper pail in the bathroom (smallest room in the house) and closing the door for a while, so the smell really got around the room. I led both my daughter and my husband into the room. My daughter said she smelled soap, while my husband said he knew I sprayed something, but couldn't smell what I had covered up - and was genuinely shocked when he saw the diaper pail (he assumed I had just sprayed to cover up general bathroom smells).

I tried to take a video of it, but had technical difficulties and it was deleted. But you can see a lot of other experiments on Febreze's YouTube channel and also check out Febreze on Facebook.

Disclosure: I received a Febreze Breathe Happy kit in exchange for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment