Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Consumer Critique: Funky Monkey Snacks

Are you looking for a healthy alternative to candy for passing out to trick-or-treaters - or an easy, healthy snack for your own kids? Funky Monkey snacks are great-tasting "fruit that crunches." The freeze-dried fruit comes in a variety of fun flavors, including Applemon (apple cinnamon) and Jivealime (pineapple lime). You can find it in 1-oz bags (each ounce is a full serving of fruit) or larger shareable bags. It's easy to find in most places - Whole Foods, Target, Safeway, and Albertson's all carry it, or you can buy it online at Amazon.com, Drugstore.com or FunkyMonkeySnacks.Alice.com.

How does it taste? It depends on the flavors. I like it better than regular dried fruit, because the flavors are more exciting. My 4-year-old didn't like the texture at first, but both she and my 2-year-old gobble a bag down quite quickly. The light weight makes them perfect to tuck in my purse for times when we run errands that take longer than expected and dig into mealtime.

I'm really glad I got a chance to try these, and I'll be checking out my local Target for more next time I go!

Disclosure: I received some complimentary Funky Monkey Snacks to facilitate this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment