Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Consumer Critique: Women, Sex, Power, & Pleasure

I recently had the chance to read Women, Sex, Power, And Pleasure: Getting the Life (and Sex) You Want. That's a very ambitious title - and intriguing correlation between sex and the life I want.

For me, the most helpful chapter was actually the first, The Markers of Emotional Well-Being. They encourage the reader to do a quick self-evaluation, and lay the foundation that when a woman's emotional well-being is off-kilter, the reasons to avoid sex - such as busyness, self-image, or being tired of one's partner's libido - are magnified. The book then goes through these excuses, examines them for what they're worth, and ends each chapter with some thought-provoking questions to engage the reader.

I also appreciated the last chapter a lot - Passing it On. It encourages women to be honest with their daughters in appreciating their sexuality and helping them deal with it in a healthy way.

It was an intriguing book - and definitely unique from any other book I've read!

Disclosure: Post contains affiliate or sponsored links, which support this blog at no cost to you. I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment