Thursday, July 25, 2013

Soul Sustenance: Chicken Soup for the Soul 20th Anniversary

Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.

It's hard to believe that Chicken Soup for the Soul has been around 20 years. The original publication of heartwarming stories has spawned specialty collections for pet owners, sports fans, teens, and many more (click here for the complete list ).

I first read the original book sometime in high school. Back then I found some of the stories campy or cheesy, but others genuinely touching. Looking back and re-reading them, I still feel the same way - there are a few that are over-the-top - but I'm able to appreciate even the cheesy ones more.

The 20th anniversary re-release is basically the original book, plus 20 bonus stories. The collection is varied, and although many of the stories are Christian in nature, they have lessons for people from all walks of life (there are also specific collections for Jews and LDS members). If you're struggling and want to read inspiration vignettes, or just want a collection of feel-good stories, this book is a great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment