Friday, September 6, 2013

Consumer Critique: Hugo the Happy Starfish


Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.

Starfish are cute creatures - especially in cartoonized, children's book form. And the title Hugo the Happy Starfish: One Step at a Time just makes me smile, even without reading it. It's part of a several books about happiness (which includes 10 other books, plus books translated into Spanish, Portuguese, German, Italian, Japanese, and French). Hugo is an adorable starfish who learns to find happiness by working for it bit by bit. The book has great illustrations, and there are accompanying worksheets available to deepen the lesson and encourage discussion between parents and children, or even in the classroom.

My daughters loved the story, and I'll definitely be checking out some of the other installments!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment