Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Consumer Critique: The Nine Lives of Alexander Baddenfield

Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.

What makes The Nine Lives of Alexander Baddenfield so interesting to me as a kids' book is that it doesn't have a "happy" ending - but it is a good ending. This book, written for older elementary students (10 and up), follows mischievous Alexander Baddenfield, currently the last in a line of bad eggs. He decides to take a cat's nine lives for himself, so that he can be as daring as he pleases - and he is, recklessly taking risks without a second thought for his own safety, since he knows he has lives to spare. But then suddenly, he's on life nine. The book is darkly humorous and illustrated with drawings that add to the mood. I liked it, and can't wait until my older daughter is old enough to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment