Monday, March 17, 2014

Consumer Critique: Let God

Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.

We recently had the opportunity to watch Let God, a Dove Approved for All Ages film. It was a bonus for us, because it gave my homeschooled daughter and me a chance to talk about the Gold Rush, an event from America's history. A young couple heads across the country to find gold, leaving behind family, friends, and debt. Amelia is left alone after a tragedy on the trail, and she needs to find something stronger than herself to survive the winter.

This movie was a little sad at the beginning and had a brief scary scene when Levi died, and my younger daughter (age four) didn't watch much. But my older daughter (age six) was really interested in the storyline, especially when we talked about the historical aspects of the film. It's a great way to help reinforce the message of faith and reliance on God.

No comments:

Post a Comment