Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Consumer Critique: Oh My Godmother - The Magic Mistake

Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.

My daughter loved my most recent book review, Oh My Godmother: The Magic Mistake. It is the second book in a series, but like many books for kids, you can still enjoy the book without reading the first one (a plus for kids who might not remember the previous installments in a series either). The godmother in this story has a little twist from typical fairy godmothers - she's just a tween herself, which makes it even more fun for young girls to read.


My daughter loves fairytales, so this modern-day fairytale was right up her alley. She was able to follow the story pretty well, although she's a little on the young end for the target audience. For younger kids it would be a good book for parents to read to kids, but it would also make a fun story for older girls to read. The book has engaging plot elements - the decision whether or not to leave her friends and family to train at the Godmother Academy, the challenge to find a woman's love and plan the wedding in just a week - that keep the action moving and keep kids interested. Overall it was a fun book to read, and I'll be looking for the first book for my daughter too.

No comments:

Post a Comment