Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Amazing Apps: ArtRage 4

Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.

My daughters absolutely love art. We have a couple of finger-painting and coloring apps to fill time on our tablets, but our older daughter is outgrowing them, with limited tool selection or click-to-color that is too easy.

However, we got to review ArtRage 4 and both daughters loved it. The tools were intuitive enough for my almost 5-year-old, even though she still doesn't explore many of the options; but they provided enough creativity for my almost 7-year-old. Even my dad (an art major) loved the app and had a lot of fun exploring features with my daughter, encouraging her to try certain things, and talking to her about different artistic concepts as they spent time exploring the app together.

There are a lot of great effects to try here. There's rotation, scale, and movement options; you can use stencils and stickers and layer different parts of the picture; and the colors smear and blend just like they would if you were using oil pants or flow into each other like watercolors. My dad really appreciate that, since it felt more like the real-world canvas he's used to.

ArtRage is available for Windows 8/7/XP, Mac, iPad/iPhone, and Surface.


No comments:

Post a Comment