Thursday, July 17, 2014

Fun Freetime: Big Whoop!

Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.

Big Whoop! is the story of a grumpy fox whose friends try increasingly grand gestures to capture his attention. They try everything, from growing mustaches to walking on the moon with stilts made of cheese! All Mr. Fox has to say is, "Big Whoop!" The book has funny scenarios and cute little drawings to keep young kids' attention, and the repetitive "big whoop" phrase encourages kids to participate.

My girls both enjoyed the book. My younger one (almost five) is a pre-reader, but she enjoyed "reading" along with some of the repeated words, which was a great experience for her. My older one is generally ready for longer books, but also got a kick out of me reading this one to her.
 
Maxine Lee was born in Liverpool, Merseyside, where she still lives with her partner and their two boys. She taught a range of creative subjects before taking a step back to concentrate on her career as an author/illustrator. Caterpillar Books in the U.K. published her debut children’s book, Pi-Rat, in August 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment