Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Consumer Critique: Oh My, Oh No!

Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.

Kids love reading books about other kids. Oh My, Oh No! is a charming book about a little girl who, like so many other little girls, wants to do grown-up things just like mommy. But when she tries, it doesn't quite work out - the coffee is yucky, the toilet paper is all over the bathroom, and water gets everywhere. Mommy just doesn't like art, just doesn't understand, just doesn't make any sense. It's simple, really - Mommy's head is so high, she just doesn't see what her daughter sees!

It's a book that can really resonate with kids, with a heartwarming last page that will help parents and kids connect, even if they don't always see things from the same perspective. The illustrations are beautifully colored and very appropriate for the light tone of the book. My daughters loved it! The book is best suited for toddler and preschool kids, but even my older daughter in early elementary thought it was cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment