I recently had the chance to try out all-natural poultry products from Harvestland. All-natural doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot, but their story does explain what they believe. Plus, they offer several organic varieties, and that's what I got. The price was definitely comparable to organic meat - a pretty good value. Around here, they're only sold at Walmart; check the bottom of the site for where you can find them near you.
They have a lot of tasty recipes on their website, and I'd like to share one.
Apple Cheddar Chicken Meatloaves
1 pound HARVESTLAND® Ground Chicken
1 cup shredded smoked Cheddar cheese, divided
1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
1 apple, peeled and grated
4 green onions, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup apple butter
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Gently mix the ground chicken with half the Cheddar, the breadcrumbs, apple, egg, green onions, garlic, milk, Parmesan, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, pepper, salt and allspice. Divide evenly between 8 of the muffin cups.
- Spoon some apple butter over each portion and sprinkle with the remaining Cheddar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until an instant read thermometer inserted in the center registers 160°F.
- Use your favorite Cheddar for this recipe.
- Bring these mini meatloaves to a picnic and serve with cornbread.