Thursday, March 26, 2015

Consumer Critique: If I Was A Bird...What Kind Of Flock Would I Fly With?

Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.

I recently got a chance to read If I was a Bird...What Kind of Flock Would I Fly With? by Peter Sacco. This is a cute book that really packs a lot in to its pages! Kids learn about types of birds, symbolism behind birds, and relationship tips that can help prevent bullying and other negative peer behaviors.

My girls both enjoyed the book, although my younger one (5) didn't have the patience to sit through the whole thing. My older one (7) has loved spouting off the facts she's learned.

If I Was A Bird will be printed in five different languages to benefit children’s programs at the Center For Abuse Awareness, an organization highlighting the true cost of neglect and abuse, and supporting abuse-related organizations in the U.S. and Canada, including children’s services, victims services, shelters and other agencies that deal with children, women and men whose lives have been affected by abuse.

Peter is the author of many popular international books and more than 700 magazine articles. He has received the Award of Excellence in Teaching and lectures at universities in both the U.S. and Canada. He currently hosts a weekly radio show, “Matters of the Mind” which features celebrities with whom he discusses mental health, relationship and addiction issues. He is also an award-winning executive producer and host of documentaries on relationships, psychological issues and children’s issues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment