Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Consumer Critique: The Appleseed Journal

Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.

The Appleseed Journal  by Stewart Bitkoff is a look at Johnny Appleseed's life. It's based on true events, and fills in the gaps between the common knowledge people have of him. In journal format, it tends to feel like its jumping around a bit - but that's naturally how a journal is. There are a lot of nuggets of wisdom in the book. I really enjoyed not just gaining insight into who Johnny Appleseed was, but in learning about the philosophy that shaped him. I hadn't really known much about his philosophical and spiritual beliefs, and some of the things in this journal really spoke to me. If you like Americana, Johnny Appleseed, or just reading about simpler times, this is a great book for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment