Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Consumer Critique: Stress Less Coloring Books for Adults

Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own. 

There are some kids who just love coloring books. There are some adults who do too. I know I have a friend who loved to color in college as stress relief - she still enjoys it. It's hard to find good coloring books for adults though, or for children who don't want to be using "little kids" books anymore but still enjoy coloring.

There has been a lot of buzz lately about coloring books for adults (such as on NBC Nightly News). The American Lung Association recommends coloring as one of 52 stress reducers, and the practice can be done communally—with children, parents, friends, or even complete strangers in a group setting.

There are four great coloring books out: The Mandala Coloring Book, The Art of Nature Coloring Book, Stress Less Coloring: Mosaic Patterns, and Stress Less Coloring: Paisley Patterns. I got to see them and boy do I enjoy them. Even though I'm not good at art, I was able to make these look nice. My eight-year-old, who is very careful at coloring, loved the patterns she could make. They have a ton of pages, so the books last a long time as well! It's a great gift for encouraging stress relief with a creative touch.

Keep your eye out for the yet-to-be-released books as well:

Stress Less Coloring - Flower Patterns: 100+ Coloring Pages for Peace and Relaxation and Stress Less Coloring - Mandalas.

No comments:

Post a Comment