Thursday, July 23, 2015

Mealtime Magic: Urban Accents

Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own. 

Urban Accents specializes in premium spice blends and mixes that make it easy to add flavor to any meal. They have a seasonings, brining kits, glazes, popcorn flavorings, frittata mixes, pancake mixes, and French toast drizzles. I got to try four different products.

Pepper & Herb Brine - this was an easy way to add flavor throughout the meat. I don't typically plan ahead and brine, but it was worth it. The flavor was strong and savory, but not too spicy for our girls.

Deep Chocolate and Lemon & Blueberry Flapjack Mixes - these were delicious. The chocolate flavor was like eating dessert. My girls did actually eat the leftovers for dessert later that day! I loved the lemon and blueberry. I like blueberry pancakes and the lemon was the perfect amount to give it a nice zest. I will definitely be looking into the carrot & ginger and potato cheddar & chive pancakes in the future!

Chocolate Cheesecake French Toast Drizzle - delicious. I would never have thought of combining cheesecake flavor with French toast. It was a little work to add part to the batter and part for a drizzle, but it was worth it for a rich flavor that wasn't too sweet but made a very special breakfast.

Right now you can get 15% off all popcorn and seasonings. They also have a variety of products on sale and you get free shipping after $50. You can also find a store nearby - Whole Foods and other boutique shops carry them near us.

No comments:

Post a Comment