Tips courtesy of Deckopedia's 50 Ways to a Better You.
Empowering Activities: Spend Time in Nature
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished. - Lao Tzu
Spending time in nature is so simple, yet not enough people do it. Research on the topic found that spending time in nature:
- Reduces anxiety and helps you let go of your stressful daily routine
- Improves mood and decreases symptoms of depression
- Brings feelings of peace and quietude
- Re-energizes the soul and boosts overall levels of energy and vitality
- Allows you to think more clearly
- Lowers chances of excessive weight gain
- Increases exposure to natural light
- Improves quality of life
- Helps you reconnect with your primitive self
- Helps you be more genuine
- Can be a great way to connect with your friends and/or partner
Ways to spend time in nature:
- Exercising (walking, running, hiking, biking, trekking)
- Enjoying the scenery
- Having a picnic
- Meditating or just breathing
- Spending time with a close one
- Leave your cell phone at home.
- Enjoy nature during lunchtime on workdays if you have a park or beach nearby.
- Get the necessary gear for colder and rainy/snowy days.
- Use a search engine to discover different nature-related activities and sites in your area.
- Invite a couple of friends to join you.
- Bring your date or partner for a romantic promenade.