Friday, May 27, 2016

Soul Sustenance: Pressing Pause - A Solution for Moms Who Need a Moment to Themselves

I've been spending a lot of time over the past few weeks using little snippets here and there to recharge myself. One book I've enjoyed having the chance to review is Pressing Pause: 100 Quiet Moments for Moms to Meet with Jesus. It's a beautiful book that's calming just to look at, with blue and green tones and a friendly cover. Like any book that needs to fit in a busy mom's schedule, the meditations take just a few minutes, but still have impact.

I like the focus on practical ways to serve God and love our families. The length made it not only easy to fit into a schedule, but also easy to focus on and remember the main point. Some days I was able to read a few of them, and other days I read only one, but each time I returned to the book I felt refreshed, energized, and renewed in my purpose as a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment