Monday, August 29, 2016

Book Nook: Jump Cut

Ellie Foreman, Chicago video producer and subject of a mystery series by Libby Fischer Hellmann, is back after a ten year hiatus... and soon entangled in a web of espionage, murder and suspicion that threatens to destroy what she holds most dear.

The book, Jump Cut, incorporates modern themes - drone attacks, hacking, and privacy vs. surveillance. It starts simply enough, when Ellie needs to produce a candy floss corporate profile, but the project is canceled. However, she finds a flash drive that belongs to her contact, killed before they can talk. She and her boyfriend are pulled into a mystery that threatens their lives.

I love mystery novels. I had never read any previous Ellie Foreman novels, but this was still easy to understand. I read it all in one sitting, since it kept me going, intrigued by how it would turn out. I like the author's writing style and I'll add her to my reading list!

No comments:

Post a Comment