Some of his tips include:
- Skip your routine annual check up.
- Switch pharmacies to save up to 25% on your prescriptions
- Buy drugs online to save up to 80% percent.
- Does your kid have a cough? Avoid over-the-counter cough medicine for children!
- Don’t accept the a subsidized Health Savings Account (HSA) offered by your employer.
- And even if your back hurts for weeks, skip the MRI…and avoid pricey surgery!
The book was pretty comprehensive and covered a wide variety of aspects of health care, from the routine to the more specialized. As premiums increase and deductibles become higher to save money, this book can help families make the most of their tight health-care budgets.