Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Consumer Critique: Babytime Cheeky Salve

Right now, the vast majority of mothers - over three-quarters - start breastfeeding their infants. However, this drops to just under half by six months, and only one quarter at a year. There are a lot of reasons for this - going back to work, milk flow, the increase in eating solids, and more. One barrier that was particularly hard for me was raw nipples. My first daughter didn't latch well and so I had to deal with quite a bit of pain and chapping. 

One product that aims to provide relief is Babytime Cheeky Salve. It's edible, and even contains probiotics, so it's safe for nursing. It's thick and provides a nice protective cover. It's also designed to be used on chapped lips, dry cheeks, acne bumps, cradle cap, and other skin issues. It's allergy tested as well.
 
I am no longer nursing, but I was able to use it on a variety of skin rashes for my children and me, and it did provide relief. It's thick, but it still does absorb into skin. It provided pretty good relief, with no obnoxious odor. I also liked that it was organic, so I didn't have to worry about what was in it.
 
You can find Babytime products at their website or at Buy Buy Baby, Diapers.com, Roots, Sprouts, United Supermarkets, and Whole Foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment