In addition to packing any holiday gifts and ugly sweaters, Reservations.com has compiled the simple go-to guide below to make sure you remember all of your toiletry necessities to help you look (and smell) your best as you visit friends and family this holiday season.
- Shampoo and Conditioner. If you are staying in a hotel then typically the hotel will provide a trial size of shampoo and conditioner, yet that is not guaranteed. Therefore it's always safe to bring your own. Only bring what you need to save room for other things in your luggage.
- Body Wash. We recommend using a bar of soap rather than liquid for the simple fact of it takes up less room.
- Face lotions. If you condense the bottle that you use now into a smaller bottle or a tub it can be easier to carry in your toiletry bag.
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste. Try to find a traveling toothbrush ideally one that folds in half. If you have a travel sized toothpaste tube already then we recommend keeping it on hand and refilling it when it runs out. That way you don't have to spend more on buying travel sized toothpaste tubes. Another idea would be to try toothpaste powder or baking soda. These powders tend to come in tiny bottles that hardly take up any space.
- Facial Wipes. These can be a quick fix to any emergency! If you have a long layover and need to freshen up, or even just to take your makeup off at night before you go to sleep facial wipes can be a lifesaver. No limit on the packaging so a big pack can fit right in your carry on.