Saturday, October 7, 2017

Book Nook: What We See in the Stars - An Illustrated Tour of the Night Sky

My husband loves space, and my daughter really likes science and imagination, so I was happy to get What We See in the Stars - An Illustrated Tour of the Night Sky. This beautifully illustrated book combines art, mythology, history, and science to explain constellations, planets, comets, northern lights - basically everything we see when we look up at night.

The artwork combines the stories with the facts in a way that both weaves them together and clearly tells them apart. My husband enjoyed it, and my daughter loved it. She read through it quickly, and then was very excited to point out what she had learned when she saw the constellations that went with the stories. It reinforced what she already knew about mythology and helped her learn even more, and led to a lot of nighttime conversations between herself and her father.

This book would make a great gift for anyone interested in mythology or space, and the perfect gift for those interested in both.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment