Saturday, January 6, 2018

Book Nook: How to Be a DJ in 10 Easy Lessons

I recently had a chance to review a book I didn't even think could exist for kids, How to Be a DJ in 10 Easy Lessons

I'll admit I know very little about being a DJ, but my cousin does it, so I had the chance to compare the book to what he's told me. I actually learned a lot from this book as well, about what a DJ does and how it all works, and I have a lot better understanding of the terminology as well. Although it's not something that every kid is going to be into, for those kids who are, this is a great option for them to figure out what it's all about.

The book covers the technical side in a language that's easy for older kids and teens to grasp. The format is engaging, colorful, and helpful, and the separation into 10 lessons keeps it from being too overwhelming. Written by a DJ with experience, it's a great guide for those who are interesting in learning more, whether as a potential future career or just to impress their friends.

DJ BOOMA works as a DJ/Music Production artist delivering workshops and music based projects, he has worked with/in young peoples remand centres, youth clubs, youth centres, youth arts festivals etc. He also has performed as a DJ around the world and released numerous records. As a DJ artist he has over 20 years experience working across North Yorkshire, around the UK and abroad delivering workshops and courses teaching DJ skills, mixing, beat juggling and scratching, using traditional vinyl turntables through to digital computer mixing and CDJs. Music styles include dance, drum & bass, electronica, dub step, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment