Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Book Nook: The Rise of Esperanto

The year is 2361, and the world's political structure teeters on the edge of disaster as tensions intensify between countries and continents. Vespacia's military and business communities join forces, hoping to gain control of Esperanto and, eventually, control of the world. As the conflict spreads and violence increases, a simple priest works to find a lasting resolution. Could it be the world's fate will rest in the hands of one very ordinary man and a benevolent alien god? Such is the world imagined by author Eliade Moldovan in The Rise of Esperanto—a riveting work that dives deep into the cultural conflicts of future dystopian societies. 

I had a chance to interview the author to learn more.

Why did you decide to write this book?
I read a lot, books and articles about history, religion (all flavors), archeology, science, our society and its problems. I am fascinated by the areas where all the knowledge in these domains interacts. Once I had on paper some ideas about the grey zones in our understanding of the world we live in, I was thinking about creating some action to be appealing to the readers and expose my opinions. I did it in my book The Rise of Esperanto, twisting a little bit the reality, leaving room for the readers’ imagination.
While writing it, more ideas came to my mind, and I ended up with a trilogy. Second book is The World Ends Tomorrow, and the conclusion of the whole saga is in my last book Who are Fracony?, not published yet, still in editing phase with NY Book Editors.
Note: every book could be read independently, the story in each of them is self-contained.

Why choose Esperanto?
Esperanto is the most widely spoken constructed international auxiliary language meant to  be a second language around the world  to foster peace and international understanding. The main country in my book is Esperanto, speaking Esperanto language. I am not speaking Esperanto and my book is not an advertiser for the language, even if I truly believe that if the whole world could communicate by means of a unifying language, we will live in a better society. My intention was to promote the ideas leading to the creation of Esperanto language, in times where conflicts could wipe out the life on our planet.

What potential cultural conflicts arise in a dystopian society?
First, in my book there is a dystopian society around the world on the brink of auto-destruction. But there is also a religion dystopia, and the reason is, along centuries awful wars and destruction were fueled by religion beliefs; religion tolerance is one of the issues our society must address. What is the solution? My book has its own way of looking to all this, and I am proud for the reviews I had so far; originality was mentioned more that anything else.

What do you hope readers will gain from reading the book?
My intentions were to raise awareness, looking to problems facing our world from a different angle, in a sci-fi/fantasy saga. Might be challenging for some readers, but I hope they will enjoy the story and the characters development, with their fight to better understand the events around them, and the internal struggle to accept the evolution as designed by … well, you have to read my book.   
.

No comments:

Post a Comment