Thursday, July 25, 2019

Consumer Critique: Rita Phil Custom Made Skirts



Normally I'm all about budget and saving money, even when it comes to clothes. However, I have a hard time finding clothes that fit right (as I know many women do) so I was intrigued at the chance to try out a custom made skirt from Rita Phil.

First off, the down side - the skirts aren't cheap. However, they also aren't terribly expensive compared to some skirts on the market. This is one of the few things where I think that it's worth paying extra.

I was a little hesitant because I was offered a pencil skirt, and I strongly prefer the fit of A-line skirts, but I thought I'd give it a try. The measuring process is very detailed, and they contacted me with questions about one of the measurements that didn't seem to fit the picture (shoppers submit a front and side profile as well). I got to pick the lining and the fabric color, as well as the fit and how tight it would be.

When the skirt came it was very nicely made, with a few extra touches. It came in a fancy little pouch that my daughter wants to use. It also had a nice little handwritten note. The skirts are handwash (or gentle wash cycle, which I used. If you're concerned about the measuring process, they'll do a video call to help you through the process - and it comes with a perfect fit guarantee, which means they'll either remake it, allow you to return for credit, or pay for up to $30 of tailoring.

This is probably the one site that I would use to pay for an expensive skirt again. The level of service, quality of goods, and the fact that this is the first pencil skirt I've ever found that fits, really sets this apart from any other skirts I've bought before.

No comments:

Post a Comment