Monday, August 5, 2013

Fun Freetime: The Art of Getting Started

Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.

Sometimes a blank page can be incredibly intimidating—where to begin that essay, that artistic masterpiece, that novel? The creative block is an obstacle everyone faces - I know it's one I've run up against quite a few times. Lee Crutchley, a popular illustrator and designer, has a solution: THE ART OF GETTING STARTED. Full of lively prompts, activities, and challenges that help to shift the perspective and get those creative juices flowing, this upbeat and interactive book will be your new best friend. With an extra dose of inspiration, humor, wisdom, and commiseration, it’s there to help wherever it’s needed most. 
 
Fans of Keri Smith’s Wreck This Journal will love THE ART OF GETTING STARTED for its fun and innovative approach to idea generation. Parents looking to inspire their child and creative minds who run into the occasional roadblock won’t want to be without it. I had a chance to view a sampler of pages from the book, and it really seems like fun. It works for people of all ages - even my five-year-old could do some of the prompts and really had fun with it. My favorite is the spread with a blank page on one side and PANIC PAGE on the other! I definitely plan to buy one for a few of the writers in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment