Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Book Nook: The Compassionate Chick's Guide to Beauty

Natural products are becoming a lot more popular, but they can be really expensive. A book I recently got to review, The Compassionate Chick's Guide to Beauty, has over 100 recipes for beauty products that you can make with many ingredients right from your own kitchen, or ingredients that are fairly easy to find.

The book has a particular emphasis on being gluten-free and vegan, which is great for people who need products that fit either (or both) of those categories. I never would think about making my own makeup - I don't wear any myself - but this is a great resource for those who want to get into it. The skin and hair care products were much more something I'd be likely to use. In fact, I did try out a few of the more basic recipes (I want to start small) and they worked pretty well. What I loved is that making a batch cost just a fraction of buying a similar product, and I'm also avoiding buying packaging that I'll have to throw away later!

If you're interested in making the jump to DIY products, to save money or for environmental concerns, this is a great resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment