Saturday, March 25, 2017

Consumer Critique: Banza Mac

Macaroni and cheese can be a staple in many households. It's fast and easy to cook - in our house, it's often what we leave for the baby-sitter to make. We love making it different each time, with different mix-ins and sometimes even adding spice to the sauce. Normally, we'll just add tuna and either corn or peas, but sometimes we get a lot crazier.

My kids love mac & cheese, so I was happy to review a new brand, Banza. This macaroni has twice the protein, four times the fiber, and 40% fewer net carbs per serving than most brands. It's also gluten-free and non-GMO.

It's made from chickpeas, which are naturally higher in protein and also GF. The texture is just slightly different than regular mac & cheese - my husband noticed that it was different, and so did my older daughter, but both of them still happily ate it. I loved that it had more protein and fewer carbs, and also that it makes a good option to serve when my kids have GF friends over.

You can find Banza at a variety of stores near you, including Target. Check out their blog with great recipe ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment